Thursday, June 28, 2012

Core Aeration and Seeding – Essex Connecticut

Core Aeration, Plugging, Aeration, Spiking… Call it what you may…but you really can’t argue its benefits.  This morning we were on a “webinar” with a new company offering their products.  To me it seemed like these people had mixed some materials together and slapped the key word “Organic” on it and were ready to sell.  Heck one of products had “60 Strains” of beneficial soil microorganisms in it…”60”.  I thought to myself what’s going to happen when his competitor comes up with “65 Strains”?  Wouldn’t that just pollinate this petunias J  Don’t get me wrong, there are great improvements being made in the organic field every day.  But where does the consumer reap the benefit?  What in the extra price or just the knowledge of knowing there are 60 Strains of beneficial microorganisms on their grass?

I dare say that my 24 plus years of experience of lawns and what to do, when and why, my old fashion balanced organic fertilizer and a core aeration and cast seeding in the fall and my lawns will look just as good if not better.   Who knows maybe I’ll give the “60 Strains” of beneficial soil microorganisms a whirl…until, that’s right, his competitor comes up with “65”.   J
Russ


No comments:

Post a Comment